Monday, August 29, 2011

Little post!

Hi all!
So my laptop battery is showing red, and it is getting close to beddy-bye...but just wanted to check in.  My head cold had *just* about cleared, and I had a pretty nice weekend with hubby both relaxing and doing fun stuffs.  We went to the Blacksburg library downtown Saturday afternoon, got cards and each checked out a book (poo on Ereaders...I've always liked the feel of a plastic jacket :-)  We finally made it out to a local (less than 15mins from the apt!!) park called Pandapas Pond.  Yes, there's a pond as the name implies, but also an extensive network of SWEET trails....trails which welcome both bike and horse!!!  Now I'm sure everybody is a bit confused that I mention the horse part, seeing as Dax is still out of commission, but I'm ever hopeful.....and I also found someone at my barn who wants help exercising their 16hand handsome-as-a-devil buckskin gelding :-)  He's pretty herd bound at the moment from being out of work, but his owner claims he's a rock-star on the trails (he is a Quarter horse).  Will try to get some pictures a bit later this week.  Regardless of horse potential, Pandapas pond is a great place to hike with puppers and bike.  So even with our friendly quiet road and the Heritage Farm just down the street (we found a way to walk there too!), we've got awesome trails just a bit further up the mt.

Man I love this town!!

Furry update: Dax is fat, even with her grazing muzzle on 24/7.  Our routine is now I jump on her bareback in her field, ride her down to the barn, she gets groomed, all her itches scratched, and a couple cookies, then bareback ride back to her field and her buddies.  She LOVES the new routine, not surprisingly.  The doggers are good....our weekend Pandapas pond trip wore them out!  Their lack of stamina continues to be the only clear sign of old age (well, and some morning stiffness) - otherwise both still completely loose their marbles any time we touch a leash.  Cato and Sam still don't spend much time outside, and Sammy is growing in his mane for the winter.  Cato is fine with her horrible clip job, and continues to be way more affectionate than she ever was in Crozet....still don't understand why!  I am counting my lucky stars everyone has adjusted so well to apt living!!!

Hubby is OK, although some cooler weather is also heralding in fall allergy season.  So far Claritin is his friend :-)  And I'm enjoying my classes so far, but that's probably just b/c they're all still really easy!  Got my first presentation in "Seminar" in two weeks, on how clinical trials have had an impact on the way we do modern research/science.

Ok, next post I promise to talk about school and how all that is going (unless I get comments that nobody is really interested and to just post more pictures of the pets.  I get it.)

Now I'm going to be a good, responsible adult and leave my pile of dishes in the kitchen so I can go to bed at a decent hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Zack is listening.....