Friday, October 21, 2011

Dax is going to be famous!!

And I'm going to get my jumping form torn to shreds.

What is this all about?  Why, a picture of Dax and myself jumping is up to be critiqued by none other than George Morris in Practical Horseman's Jumper clinic column!

So I imagine all my non-horsey friends are wondering what the heck I'm talking about.  Brief background:
1) Practical Horseman is a popular equine magazine focused on jumping/hunter style english riding.
2) George Morris is a SUPER famous trainer/coach/rider dude who has been running a column in the monthly magazine for...I don't know....ever?  A long time anyway.  His approach to form and showing is from a previous generation/classical hunter approach and he has very particular preferences about how riding and showing should be done.
3) In this column, he takes three pictures of people riding over a jump and critiques each rider's form, horse's form, cleanliness, tack, etc.  Offers tips and suggestions for correcting mistakes and training stuff.

The point?  The picture of Dax and myself jumping is going to be published in a reallyio-trulio magazine with national distribution!!  It only took four years :-)  Yup, submitted the photo four years ago - the magazine uses photos in the order in which they are submitted.  It's a pretty popular column!

What photo might I be referring to?  Why, this one!

 
Of course I think it's great and that both Dax's and my form are pretty darned good....but Morris is a stickler and ALWAYS finds stuff.  I'm preparing for a major picking-apart.  So if you want to see Dax and myself in print, check out the December copy of Practical Horseman (they're always at Barnes and Noble, probably any tack stores, etc.).

I just want everyone to look carefully at Dax's expression here....if anyone ever questioned that horses' like to jump, here's the proof.  Dax freakin' loved it, and I loved jumping with her.  I miss that so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Zack is listening.....