Monday, February 13, 2012

2012 Goals

This is kind of funny.

The only goal I've been able to come up without thinking too hard is to blog at least once a week.  Ha!  Well, part of the purpose of this post is to get me thinking a bit more carefully about this upcoming year, and about things I want to accomplish.  Perhaps having some discrete goals will snap me out of the mild funk I've been in since December.   So here goes (not in any particular order):

1. Post once a week on the blog, even if I don't have any major epiphanies to share...I can always come up with a funny animal picture :-)

2. Continue piano lessons to the point that I can play an entire Tori Amos OR Sarah McLachlan song.

3. Wow my committee with LOTS of exciting experimental results.

4. Find a place and make it home - either house rental, buying a house, what ever.  Just get settled in! And no longer have muddy bikes sitting in my living room.

5. Write more letters and be better about keeping in touch with family and friends - even short notes!

6. Exercise three times a week...no excuses like exams, tired, etc. unless I'm really sick.  Includes, hiking, running with dogs, gym trips, bike rides, yoga, horseback riding etc.

7. Less whining - more doing.  I think this is a repeat from last year, but still applies.

I really wish there were something horsey to add, but there isn't.  Haven't had luck finding other riding opportunities, and while Dax is OK to truck my butt around occasionally, I am very cautious of causing her more pain.  Also sitting on my horse while she just saunters around doesn't really count as "riding".

Well, I may come up with more brilliant goals to add, but this is a start.  Any goal suggestions?  Feel free to leave them in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm...hello!?!?!?! What about spending more time with your sissy-poo? Okay, I guess that's a given ;) Glad to see those music sheets I gave ya will get put to good use!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Zack is listening.....