Sunday, June 19, 2011

Super quick update

It's past my bedtime, but wanted to give a heads up - still alive, still not sure where I'm going to live in two weeks.  Hubby and I are back in negotiation over the little yellow house...it's a long story which will be told when there is more time and I'm not yawning at my computer.  Hopefully we will officially be under contract and having inspections done this week.  The contract says closing will be July 15th, and if all goes straightforward with the inspections, we'll probably make that date.  Until the 15th, we'll be storing our stuff at the house in Crozet, probably boarding the animules and staying in an extended-stay place in Blacksburg.  Wee!!  Life is never dull!

This upcoming week is my last at work.  I'm both sad and relieved, as it's been hard to focus on experiments while obsessing over buying our first house, moving, and starting a new program.  While there are things I'm not going to miss (like giving mice medication at 9pm on a Sunday, for instance) there is so much more that is wonderful.  I can't imagine finding another group of better people to work with *sigh*  Honestly, my new lab seems like it's going to be great, but it's hard when the bar is set so high to begin with.

On a more fun note, Happy Father's day to my dear old Dad and my step-Dad, and to all the other wonderful dads out there!

1 comment:

  1. Medication to mice that you're going to hack up into lil pieces? Oh the irony ;) BTW, love the pic of Sammy and Cato. She's gotten huge!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Zack is listening.....