Tuesday, February 1, 2011

No updates at the moment

So after announcing to lots of people (or at least my sister and Judi :-) that I would hear from Tech today, of course I didn't.  Actually, I did get an email around 8pm stating that there had been a scoring issue which had delayed sending out the offers until tomorrow around 5pm.  The email did apologize for any stress which was caused.

I appreciated that because I WAS FREAKING STRESSED!!!  Seriously, I checked my email spastically as often as I could all day.  Trying to focus in physics class on electrical potential and U = EA was really challenging.  C'mon, a single email is going to dictate whether or not a major move happens in about 7months, not to mention my career path for the rest of my life!!!

So as much psychic crap as I'm piling up on this decision, I should probably let everybody know that there are some good back-up plans/alternatives that still take me in the career direction I want to go (career direction => furries).

First off, I also applied to UC Davis' DVM/PhD program (although they refer to it as the VSTP - Veterinary Scientist Training Program.  Spiffy!)  I won't hear ANYTHING from them until closer to the middle of Feb.  As in I don't know if I'll get an interview, much less an offer.  Being out of state, the chances are much worse than the chances of wining the 164 million jackpot.  Seriously worse.  It was probably a waste of money to apply......I applied to NC State's and Colorado State's combined degree programs but didn't get interviews.

Now the other possibilities are to do a PhD only, first.  I've applied to  Colorado State's Micro program in the veterinary college, and I've applied to UVa.  Yeah, I know0 UVa doesn't have a vet pro52gra.......ok, that was the Sam.  He's decided he needs0.111111111111111  Get off!!!!  Ugh, he's decided he needs love so bad that typing is unacceptable.  He's swatting my hands as we speak.  Er, as I type.  Whatever!

Maybe he's letting me know I'm running on?  Anyway, long story short I'll do a PhD first if I have to, then reapply to vet programs.  And UVa is a viable option because 1) It's a great program with really good faculty and research 2) I've already completed 99% of the course work 3) I do like having easy access to Gearhart's chocolates, at least 6 wineries and 3 breweries all in 20 mile radius.  Crozet rocks :-)

All those are decisions to be made after I get more information (as in an offer or rejection!!) and I'm not worrying about it now.  Off to bed and hopefully some sleep......*sigh*

ps- came home to a sick hubby.  He'd been off at a conference and brought back a present!!  Yippee!!  I'd rather he not share this particular present......poor guy :-(

1 comment:

  1. Dedicated to Sam: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cat_vs_internet

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Zack is listening.....