Monday, January 31, 2011

Zombie Cat needs your brains.....

Ok, so I really just need your brain power.  The Question is:

How do I keep pony-butt mentally & physically happy while she's laid up WITHOUT her getting fat or slowing down healing?

For Dax, eating = happy (well, that's true for most horses!!).  Eating hay also = no tummy ulcers, less risk of colic, laminitis, etc..... But, as mentioned before she's a super easy keeper.

Of course I can't ride her, and shouldn't even walk/work her in hand much before the 60day mark (mid-March).  She's also limited to her little pen to keep her from running around.

What would you guys do?  Any brilliant ideas??  I'm playing with the idea of clicker training, but don't know what I'd train her to do.

Comments!!  I need comments!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I see there are no comments and since I know your pony-butt is your third dog I'll refrain from adding some snarky comments, but I did want to say, how do I get this thing to notify me when you've added a post? It would greatly help me keep on top of your blog and I must be missing something obvious. Didn't know who all you had shared you blog with too...

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Zack is listening.....