Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Funny how that happens

So after saying that I'm going to be posting once or twice a week, I manage to neglect my nascent blog for over a week.  I don't even have an interesting excuse like "Ed McMahon showed up at my door with a huge check and I flew to Fiji where there wasn't any internet and....".  Nope -  my excuse, like always, is "I was busy".  Busy included:
 - re-writing my personal statement for the ump-teenth time and finishing an application to UVa's PhD program (my backup, but only because I'd rather do animal research).
 - helping haul pony-butt to and from Blue Ridge Equine Clinic for the injection into the bone cyst, then bringing her home.
- finding then getting hay delivered at home, clearing out a LOT of cow manure from the shelter area then re-arranging gates to block off some space for hay storage (much to pony's delight).
- buying lots of expensive feed and a SUPER expensive supplement to decrease inflammation in joints, that pony hates.  In fact, pony hates said supplement so much that she won't even eat around it to get at her grain or soaked hay cubes.  This is the horse who eats potato chips and oreo cookies.  Seriously??!?
- clearing out our entire back porch and rearranging for the return of the gi-normous tack trunk my father-in-law made for me (seriously huge...if I had no place to live, the trunk could be temporary housing).  This involved moving four large window A/C units and a lot of accumulated stuffs that didn't have homes and therefore had piled up.
 - actually moving all of my crap from the barn back home (which took two trips with my truck, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit).
- that embarrassment propelled me to go through all of my horse crap and do a major purge, so now I have an HUGE amount of stuff to take to the used tack guy - fingers crossed he's interested in any of it!
- attacking the mountain of filing that I've left sitting next to the empty filing cabinet just to drive my poor husband nuts.  most of it has finally found a home....baby steps :-)
- the requisite stop by lab for something....this weekend's something is a mouse experiment, but trust me, there's always something to get me in lab on a weekend!!
- and a bunch of other little crap that is so trivial I don't even really remember it...ugh.

And is my to-do list any shorter for having been "busy" all week and weekend?  Of course not!!  Now I just have less time each day to devote to the list b/c I get to feed the pony twice a day then pick up what comes out the other end...but for some inexplicable reason, that makes me happier than checking things off the "To-Do" list anyway :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ah systematic joys...like adding an item to our to-do list just so we can cross it off :) I'm starting two lists, my big rocks and my little rocks. If you haven't seen Covey's talk on that, you should check it out. Anywho, how do you get pony-butt to take the non-tasty supplements? I imagine that's very entertaining to watch!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Zack is listening.....