Monday, January 10, 2011

Quick update on Dax and Vet school

So Dax is getting the bone cyst injected this Friday!!  I'm really excited about this because I view it as the first step towards recovery and possibly riding again (which I'm going a bit stir crazy for lack of :-(  That also means she'll officially be moving home Friday, and I've got to get my arse in gear to get things together.  Hay is the biggest question at the moment....I've got a few folks to call but it is slightly last minute. Plus clearing out the old water tub, moving pallets, buying grain....um, yeah, a bit to do.

Also found out I should hear from VaTech about my application for the combined DVM/PhD program this week.  I already found out I've gotten an interview invitation for the DVM.  Apparently they review the DVM side of things for everyone first.  Once they make decisions on DVM interviews, then they review the people who want to do the combined degree.  If I'm chosen as a candidate for the combo, I'll do additional interviews on the same day as my already scheduled DVM interview.  It's all pretty complicated, and each school handles it differently.....the application process has been a learning experience!!  (an EXPENSIVE learning experience).  I think my next post will the about the application saga and to fill in folks on exactly why I would even dream of going back to school for 8...count em...8 YEARS.  It's a long story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Zack is listening.....